Multicultural Center Construction Update
Construction continues on the Multicultural Center project at the Viking Union. Here are construction activities scheduled until the end of March:
- Week of March 19th: Demolition of the steel roof over the former Vendor’s Row location.
- Week of March 26th: (spring break): Demolition of concrete columns at the former Vendor’s Row location – scheduled during spring break to minimize noise impacts.
Other items of note:
- Continue to access the VU at the south entries via PA Plaza. At the start of spring quarter and through project completion, a temporary ADA entry door just south of the Bookstore (BK) entry will be open for those with mobility challenges.
- Vendor’s Row is operating in its permanent location east of the MPR.
- Both web cameras are now live! https://wwwtest.wwu.edu/wwuarchitect/construction/pw698.shtml#webcam