Nominations sought for Excellence in teaching, scholarship and other faculty awards
Western Washington University faculty members are committed to outstanding teaching, scholarship, leadership and community service. Periodically, the Western community has the opportunity to recognize those exceptional colleagues. The annual awards listed below are examples of the university's efforts to recognize and show appreciation to faculty members and others for their service and outstanding achievements. Provost Brent Carbajal encourages nominations for these awards, each of which includes a check for $1,000.
Nominations are due for the following awards by Dec. 4, 2015:
- Peter J. Elich Excellence in Teaching Award;
- Excellence in Teaching Award;
- Paul J. Olscamp Research Award (nominations by faculty members only);
- Outstanding Scholarship Award (nominations by faculty members only);
- The Outstanding Faculty Leadership Award;
- The Carl H. Simpson Bridging Award for faculty, staff and students.
Additional information about each award, the nomination process, and the links to the on-line nomination forms may be found at http://www.wwu.edu/provost/faculty/awards/index.shtml.