Engineering and Design to hold open house Friday, June 5
June 3, 2015
The Engineering and Design Department at Western Washington University will hold an open house on Friday, June 5.
At the event, students will be demonstrating examples of the department curriculum through a variety of projects that include design, materials formulation, automation, performance analysis and various manufacturing processes (machining, injection molding, additive manufacturing, extrusion).
Faculty members from the E&D programs will be on hand to discuss programs and opportunities for collaborations.
Industry-sponsored projects, from a diverse range of partner companies, involving students from Industrial Design, Manufacturing Engineering, and Plastics & Composites Engineering will be presented. (PCE Projects, MFGE Projects, ID Projects, Vehicle Projects, EE Projects).
Capabilities of the E&D programs will be illustrated during tours of current projects hosted by student/faculty tour guides.
The complete schedule:
- 11 a.m. to noon, ET 321: Panel discussion with Industry Representatives - This is an opportunity for students to ask questions of industry representatives. Pizza and beverages will be served.
- Noon to 12:15 p.m., ET 321: Outstanding Senior Awards Presentation – The outstanding graduating senior from each of the six programs will be recognized.
- 12:15 to 1 p.m.: Break
- 1 to 2:45 p.m., ET Labs: Presentations, tours and project displays
- 2:45 to 3:30 p.m., ET 304: Faculty/Industry Connections – An opportunity for industry and faculty to discuss ideas on future collaboration between WWU and industry. Coffee and snacks provided.
- 3:30 to 5 p.m., ET Labs: Presentations, tours and project displays
- 5:30 p.m., Copper Hog: Student/Alumni Mixer at Copper Hog Restaurant – All students and alumni are invited to meet at the Copper Hog.