Employees: Human Resources COVID update for 10/22
To get notified of our latest news and updates, click the "subscribe" button
In support of our employees, Human Resources is providing a weekly update on HR employee-related COVID programs. As we have come to know, it is a constantly changing environment and our goal is to provide you with the most up-to-date information. Our primary topics include remote work, vaccinations, testing, and health and safety. If the information prompts additional questions or you would like other topics addressed, please contact any HR team member, or send an email to HR@wwu.edu.
HR Lunch & Learn:
- Reminder: HR Lunch & Learn is now in Zoom! Here’s the HR Lunch & Learn Zoom link for academic year 2021-22.
- HR Lunch & Learns will be scheduled on October 26, November 9, and December 14, 2021 (there will be no meeting on November 23).
- The agenda will be widely distributed to the campus 1-2 days prior to each session, and will be posted on the HR website.
- New Hires: As of October 18th, new hires need to comply with the vaccine mandate prior to starting employment; HR will verify compliance as a part of the new hire paperwork process.
- Important Links:
- Proclamation 21-14.1 by the Governor: COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
- For information about Employee Vaccinations or waiver information please review our COVID-19 Employee Vaccination Information website.
- Employees who have a medical concern about the risk that returning onsite would pose to them personally can submit a request for a health-related accommodation to Human Resources.
- Important Links:
- Transportation for Voluntary Testing Program: Need transportation to Northwest Labs for the Voluntary Testing Program? Contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mandatory Testing Program: We will begin mandatory testing on October 25. Information is being provided to those required to participate in the program.
- Important Link:
- Voluntary Testing Program, including FAQs
Health & Safety:
- COVID Positive Cases: Western’s COVID webpage includes the buildings on campus that have been identified as having a positive COVID case in them within the past 14 days. This information is also provided in Western Today. If you have been identified as a close contact, you will be notified directly. For more information about when a student or employee tests positive, go to Western’s COVID Health & Safety webpage.
- COVID Positive Notification Requirement: Did you know that employees who know or have reason to believe they have COVID are required to notify their supervisors and email HR.COVID.Assistance@wwu.edu? Learn more in the Reporting Communicable Diseases policy.
- COVID Leave & COVID Leave Donation Program: COVID leave is available for eligible employees to use for COVID-related purposes. More information is available on the COVID Leave webpage.
- Feeling Sick? Stay Home! While employees are no longer required to complete an attestation form when working onsite, it is still expected that employees will evaluate their health prior to coming onsite each day. If you are symptomatic or not feeling well, please stay home for the health of yourself and our community.
- Support is Available! Don’t forget the Employee Assistance Program offers supports and resources to help address COVID impacts on emotional and mental health. They also have specific resources for caregivers and parents. More information can be found on the Employee Assistance Program website.
- Mindfulness Exercises: Being calm, mindful, and contemplative is not something we typically associate with the workplace. However, this Mindfulness Exercises webpage provides 10 mindfulness exercises for work and purpose.