Convocation, breakfast set for Sept. 18
The 2013 opening convocation and breakfast for Western Washington University faculty and staff is set for Wednesday, Sept. 18.
Breafast is complimentary, and reservations are requested by Sept. 16. Register online.
Breakfast is served from 8 to 9 a.m. in the Viking Commons, followed by opening convocation and the presentation of faculty and staff awards from 9:10 to 10:15 a.m. on the PAC Mainstage.
2013 award recipients:
- Outstanding Faculty Leadership: Kevin Leonard, History
- Diversity Achievement Award: Steven Sulkin, Shannon Point Marine Center
- Carl H. Simpson Bridging Award: Aysha Kloub, Fairhaven College
- Outstanding Classified Staff: Susan Cahill, Woodring College of Education
- Professional Staff Award for Excellence: David Davidson, Border Policy Research
- Philip E. Shape, Jr. Community Engagement Award: David Willett, Facilities Development,/Capital Budget
- Team Recognition Award: Multi-Purpose Field Team (Mark Bagley, Linda Beckman, Rick Benner, Mark Brovak, Steve Brummel, Athletics Steven Card, Travis Connell, Clark Cripps, Lynda Goodrich, Teresa Hart, Tamara Jansen, Adam Leonard, Barbara Lewis Pete Lockhart, Sally McKechnie, Justin Moore, Sara Nichols, Kunle Ojikutu ,Sara Richards, Diana Rosen, Marie Sather, Ed Simpson, Amy Suiter, Brian Sullivan, Mike Ulrich, David Willett)