Contest to gather names for WWU purchasing site
[ Editor's note: The due date for submissions has changed. Please note that the new deadline, as listed below, is Friday, May 8. ]
Business Services and the eProcurement Project Team are excited about the upcoming implementation of Western Washington University’s new “marketplace.”
This new Web ordering solution will allow WWU faculty and staff to browse online catalogs and purchase using an online shopping capability. When fully implemented, the ease of e-Procurement at Western will be greatly increased.
But before its rollout, the new service needs a name. And that's why Business Services is holding a contest for faculty and staff to give the new marketplace a new name.
Faculty and staff may enter for a chance to win the following prizes:
- First Place – Samsung 7-Inch Tablet
- Second Place – Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
- Third Place – Microsoft HD Webcam
Through the contest, the folks at Business Services hope for names that represent the true function and value of the new site. The names should embrace Western's persona and clearly separate Western from other Washington state universities.
Faculty and staff may submit up to three names per entry by emailing email@example.com. The submission deadline is May 8. The final selection process will involve a copyright search and a campus survey to shortlist the top three to five names submitted. Final selection will be made by the Core and Cross Functional Project Team members.
Examples of marketplace names:
- UC Berkeley: BearBuy
- University of Chicago: BuySite
- Western University Ontario Canada: Mustang Market
- State of Arizona: ProcureAZ
- Carleton University: eShop
- University of Missouri: Show-Me Shop
- University of North Carolina: uShop
- Syracuse University: ePro